Thursday, May 15, 2008

Went to watch national league basketball match! Brings back lots of secondary school and jc memories. So old school. haha. But I enjoyed it. The only difference between watching a match then and now, is that the standard in this one is definitely much higher. The footwork and techniques were really nifty. I was so close to standing up and cheering when someone slam dunked, not caring if its the opponent team who did the dunk. The three-pointers were amazing too. something which is quite rare when you watch secondary school students, or Jc basketballers play.

They should have put him on longer. His energy is incredible. Its really different with him running ard on court, compared to the 'old birds' (pardon me! they're very good players though!). They could possibly have done much better with him around on court. I know there are issues on experience and profession. But when you play against a youthful team like yesterday's match, you need more than just experience and skill. you need stamina and energy, and a presence on court, which they didn't seem to exude. Even the warm ups were a mess.(pardon me from saying this! really!) Anyhow, I really hope he just gets better and better with these older players taking him under their wings.

I really enjoyed the match. I should make that place my second home after the exams.
Minie and jeanie! you missed an exciting match! and there were so many many shuai ges ard. (no pretty girls though) There was at least one guy in ang-gong(dragon tattoos!) in every team. But they're really good players. Both of you better come for the subsequent matches! haha.